You are here
Department of Fisheries
- Acts and Rules
- G.R. and Circulars
- Fisherie Report
- Infrastructure Provided
- Annual Reports
- Loan and Recovery
- Fisheries Cooperative Society
- Fisheries Report
- Disaster Management
- Co-operative Network
- Employees Corner
- Code of Conduct
- Details of action taken against the illegal fishing vessels under Maharashtra Marine Fisheries Regulation Act 1981
- Department Space
About the Department
The Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development and Fisheries Department is the administrative department. A Minister of Cabinet rank who is assisted by Minister of State heads the Department of Fisheries. Secretary (ADF) heads the executive wing of the Department. Dairy & Fisheries heads the executive wing of the Department. The Field machinery is headed by an officer designated as Commissioner Fisheries.
Under this administrative set-up, Commissioner Fisheries, Maharashtra State, is functioning at Mumbai. He is assisted by three Joint Commissioners and one Dy. Commissioner of Fisheries at the head quarter and six Regional Dy. Commissioners Of Fisheries at regional levels.
District level wing is headed by the Asst. Commissioners of Fisheries for the States Sector. Total number of Gazetted & Non- Gazetted employees in the department is 1050.
This organizational set-up from Commissionerate and down is shown in the form of organization-tree.
- Other wings of the Department are as follows:
- Maharashtra Fisheries Development Corporation, Mumbai.
- Taraporewala Marine Biological Research Station, Mumbai.
- Fisheries College, Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Ratnagiri.
- Maharashtra Animal & Fisheries Science University Nagpur.